Bloomin’ HIStoryInspired by Australia, born in Tampa
In the late 1980s, four friends who were all veterans of the hospitality industry had the dream of opening their own restaurant. They wanted a place with a casual atmosphere and a strong focus on quality food and service.
To differentiate themselves from other dining concepts, they decided an Australian theme fit the relaxed, friendly and fun image they wanted for their new restaurant. With a “No Rules, Just Right” mentality that takes food very seriously, but without taking themselves too seriously and operating under the premise that nothing stands in the way of pleasing the customer, they opened their first Outback Steakhouse restaurant in March 1988 in Tampa, Florida. Outback Steakhouse quickly became known as a place that served a great steak at a reasonable price by people who genuinely cared about the comfort, well-being and joy of their guests.
Our IDEAL PARTNERLet’s build something great.
- Proven track record in a hospitality, food service and/or restaurant environment
- Previous casual dining experience preferred
- Solid infrastructure dedicated to supporting the operations & development of our brand
- Local market knowledge and expertise in the areas of consumer preferences, real estate, government regulations, labor, and distribution
- Financial strength, with ability to develop five or more restaurants: minimum $5M net worth and $3.5M liquid assets
- Access to capital and ability to secure funding
- Desire to grow and ability to recruit, retain, and motivate people to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Philosophically aligned with our culture
- Dedication to operations excellence
our supportWe’ll have your back.
- Site Selection & Design
- Restaurant Operations
- Supply Chain & Procurement
- Research & Development
- New Store Opening
- Ongoing Assistance